6 new solidarity and sports projects were validated during the board of directors of our foundation! 🥳
An unwavering commitment by our teams and associations in favor of vulnerable people. The projects supported all aim to improve the well-being, inclusion and professional integration of the beneficiaries, using sport as a tool.
Focus on the 2 Portuguese projects:
- The "Boa Forma" project led by the teams of the Decathlon Viseu store and the APPACDM association to enable people with mental disabilities to practice sports in inclusion.
- The "Move-Te" project carried out by the teams of the Loures store and a consortium of associations led by Teatro Ibisco. The project aims to promote the inclusion of the local migrant community, mainly from Cap Verde. Sports actions are implemented by the teammates every week but also actions around professional integration.
In these two projects, environmental awareness actions are organized every year, such as the joint participation of the stores and associations in World Clean Up Day.
Focus on the French projects:
- The "Supers Optimists" project led by 4 teammates and the Hope Team East. association. This project is aimed at children suffering from cancer so that they can take part in adapted sports and recreational activities by equipping hospitals. The objective is also to accompany them on the long term in their remission by helping them to realize their sporting challenge and to allow them to join a club afterwards.
- The "Sport et Bienveillance pour l'Inclusion" project carried out by the Metz teams and CMSEA's youth listening center. For these young people aged 18-25, who are very far from employment and in extremely precarious situations, sport is a tool to re-establish a social link with them and guide them towards professional integration. Decathlon Metz has set up specific measures for these young people (one-day training course, workshop, presentation of professions).
- The "Onze de Légende" project at the Aquaboulevard store in Paris in partnership with Au Tableau Production. The objective? To promote the practice of sports for 11 children with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and to produce a documentary to raise awareness on this subject and duplicate this pilot project on the French territory
- The project "Une parenthèse essentiellement sportive" of the Dourges warehouse with the Helène Borel Center to offer people with disabilities and their caregivers, an inclusive respite place where they can practice adapted sports activities. Numerous activities will be set up in conjunction with Decathlon's disability mission to promote the employability of people with disabilities within the company.
Stay tuned to follow the field actions of these new projects in 2022.🔥